Bottles allow you to change some settings to suit your needs.
To access Bottles preferences, just press the menu button and select Preferences.
Bottles - Main Menu
Preferences shows four sections:
- DLL Components
Bottles - Preferences
In the General section you can configure the Bottles appearance and general settings.
- Toggle dark mode (turn off the lights)
- Show update date (this will toggle the last edit date in the bottles list)
- Notifications (choose if Bottles should display notifications in your desktop)
- Temp files (toggle to prune the temp directory on Bottles start, this will reduce the disk used by Bottles but also forcing re-download dependencies when installing in new bottles)
- Close Bottles after starting a program (this works only when Bottles was started from the file manager or using the CLI)
- Custom bottles path (specifies the directory that Bottles should use to search for existing bottles and create new ones)
Bottles - Preferences - Runners
In the Runners section you can list, browse and install new runners which can be used to create new bottles. Read more about Runners.
Bottles - Preferences - DLL Components
From the DLL Components section you can list, browse and install new versions of DXVK, VKD3D, DXVK-NVAPI and LatencyFleX. Read more about DXVK.
The Experiments sections allows you to enable functions that are currently under active development and may work unstable. Use them at your own risk.