Comment on page
Bottles allow you to change some settings to suit your needs.
To access Bottles preferences, just press the menu button and select Preferences.
Bottles - Main Menu
Preferences shows four sections:
- DLL Components
Bottles - Preferences
In the General section you can configure the Bottles appearance and general settings.
- Toggle dark mode (turn off the lights)
- Show update date (this will toggle the last edit date in the bottles list)
- Notifications (choose if Bottles should display notifications in your desktop)
- Temp files (toggle to prune the temp directory on Bottles start, this will reduce the disk used by Bottles but also forcing re-download dependencies when installing in new bottles)
- Close Bottles after starting a program (this works only when Bottles was started from the file manager or using the CLI)
- Custom bottles path (specifies the directory that Bottles should use to search for existing bottles and create new ones)
Bottles - Preferences - Runners
Bottles - Preferences - DLL Components
The Experiments sections allows you to enable functions that are currently under active development and may work unstable. Use them at your own risk.